This conference is running at the reduced rate of £275 + VAT.
The following prices are available for multiple bookings from the same firm:
2 delegates £475 + VAT
3 delegates £550 + VAT
4 delegates £600 + VAT
5 delegates £650 + VAT
Market Value Rules
Shared Ownership Leases
Avoiding Elephant Traps
HMRC Guidance post Hannover
Sean Randall – Blick Rothenberg
Please note that the following programme will stay the same but the timetable is subject to change to allow for a shorter day. We found that worked will with our last online conference.
9.00 – 9.10 Chairman’s Introduction
Sean Randall, Blick Rotheberg
9.10 – 9.55 Common Issues with Commercial Property
– Interaction with VAT
– When does possession trigger the SDLT tax point?
– Sale and leasebacks
Heather Corben, Forsters
9.55 – 10.40 Update on Case Law and Anti-Avoidance Rules
– Impact of recent cases and HMRC’s revised guidance on section 75A?
– When does this mean for benign planning?
– Professional negligence and SDLT
– Case law and litigation update
Michael Thomas, Pump Court Tax Chambers
10.40 – 10.50 Break
10.50 – 11.35 Residential Property Value
– HMRC’s new guidance on ‘garden and grounds’ and ‘dwelling’
– What are the claims companies saying?
– What are the grey areas?
– What are the Spring Budget changes?
John Shallcross, Blake Morgan & Paul Clark, Cripps Pemberton Greenish
11.35 – 12.20 Shared Ownership Leases
– What are shared ownership leases?
– What are the SDLT reliefs and when do they apply?
– What’s the relevance of 17 March 2004?
– Interaction with the 3% surcharge?
Jo Joyce, KPMG
12.20 – 13.05 Lunch
13.05 – 13.50 Twenty Elephant Traps and How to Avoid Them
– Fixed income entitlement for General partners
– Withdrawals from partnerships
– Nominees and leases
– Bad hive ups from partnerships
– And 16 more…
Sean Randall, Blick Rothenberg & Michael Thomas, Pump Court Tax Chambers
13.50 – 14.35 SDLT Problems in the In-Tray
– More aggressive denials of SDLT group relief – Sch 7, para 2(4A0 FA 2003
– The Prudential concession in practice
– Issues with intra-group transfers where group relief does not apply
David Saleh, Clifford Chance
14.35 – 14.45 Break
14.45 – 15.30 Is it Safe to Rely on HMRC Guidance Post Hannover
– Is HMRC’s guidance binding?
– How to enforce it?
– Where are the nuggets in the SDLT Manual?
– Practical tips
Sean Randall, Blick Rothenberg
15.30 – 16.15 Development Deals
– Are collaboration arrangements taxable?
– Contracts vs options for site assembly
– What is the right JV vehicle?
– Partition of land following achieement of planning permissions
Toby Price, Deloitte
16.15 – 16.20 Chairman’s Summation
More details will be providing after booking and closer to the date
- For all other correspondence including all enquires, please email us: email@example.com
- Joining instructions will be issued by email shortly before the conference
- Please contact us by email if you have not received either confirmation of your booking within 4 weeks of applying or joining instructions within 7 days before the event
- If you would like to sponsor this conference then please email us
- The event is not accredited for CPD purposes with any provider
Terms and Conditions
1. Fees must be paid in advance. Joining instructions will not be issued until delegates have paid
2. An additional administration fee of £50 plus VAT is payable for delegates who have not paid on or before the date of the event
3. When a valid booking has been made and the fee received then we will acknowledge the booking by email and issue a VAT receipt
4. Only the named delegates are permitted to view the event
5. Delegates must not record the event
6. Delegates must not forward or otherwise disseminate any slides or other conference materials
7. Cancellations must be received in writing 21 days before the event. Refunds are at the sole discretion of the conference organiser and may be withheld if to do so would cause the organiser to suffer loss from it’s suppliers. Subject to that fees will normally be returned subject to a £90 administration fee per delegate. Substitute delegates can attend (please inform us in advance if possible.
8. PRT Conferences does not agree to go through any procurement process or equivalent for any client
9. PRT Conferences cannot accept any responsibility for any kind of IT failure including by the provider of the platform or the internet or hardware of any delegate or presenter
10. The organiser will record the event and has the right to sell and otherwise distribute the content for commercial purposes. Any delegate who contributes by asking a question or otherwise contributes to the discussion consents to being part of the recording
11. No reliance whatsoever is to be placed on any views expressed by any of the speakers, these are for academic discussion purposes only